Valid for Might and Delight AB
This policy was latest edited on 05/05/2020
2. Important Terminology
3. What personal data do we collect?
4. Why do we process personal data?
5. Legal ground for processing personal data
7. Your rights
8. Transfort of personal data
9. Security measures and erasure of personal data
10. Log files, cookies and tracking technologies
10.1 Log files
10.2 Cookies and web beacons
10.3 Third party advertisers
10.4 How to disable cookies
10.5 Unity Analytics
13. Contact information to the data controller
Might and Delight with corporate identification number 556801-3170 (“Might and Delight”) is a small independent game studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We develop, create and provide games, digital books and artwork (our “Service”).
The Policy explains which personal information we collect from you and for what reasons, how we use, store and transfer such data but also which right you have as a data subject.
2. IMPORTANT TERMINOLOGY
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual for example name, address, e-mail address etc.
A data controller is the organisation (for example a limited company, foundation, association or authority) that determines for what purposes the personal data is processed and how it is processed, in this case Might and Delight.
A data processor is an entity that processes personal data on behalf of a data controller.
“Applicable Law” is all applicable national and international data protection legislation and regulations, authorities’ ordinances, recommendations and judgments including but not limited to the (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR“).
Cookies are tiny files that are downloaded to your computer, to improve your experience. For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie and/or section 10 in this Policy.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Might and Delight process, collect, store, read, analyse, erase and register personal data which you have provide to us when you play our games or open an account with us.
Might and Delight also use personal information that is generated by your device, when you use our Service, open an account, play one of our games or when you visit our website. The processing of these categories of data are further explained in section 10 of this Policy.
Data that you have provided to us:
- E-mail address.
Data we collect when you play our games, opening an account or read a newsletter:
- Profile and usage data.
- Data from cookies and web beacons.
- Log files.
- Login history.
- Account status.
- In-game activity including but not limited to what games you play, own, how you play, how often and for how long.
- Game crash report(s) and error dump information from your device.
- Other data that is necessary to perform our obligations and Service to you.
Data we collect when you visit our website:
- Log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses.
- Browser type.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Date and time stamp.
- Referring/exit pages.
- The number of clicks on our website.
Might and Delight does not knowingly collect any personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. We therefore encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide children under the age of 13 and their online activity.
If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
4. WHY DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
We process your data for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve, develop and provide you with our games and Services.
- To respond to inquiries or comments from you.
- To verify your identity in order to prevent unauthorized access.
- To reset your password.
- To maintain the integrity and security of the Service.
- To maintain or administer your account, including contacting you in order to update your account details if necessary.
- To create reports, analyses or similar for the purpose of research and business intelligence and be able to track potential problems, behaviour and trends.
- To send you newsletters and offers.
- To communicate with you.
- To keep our services fair, investigate and prevent fraud and illegal behaviour.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
5. LEGAL GROUND FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
The legal ground for processing your personal data is:
- To fulfil our obligations to you (for example when you have opened and account with us)
- When you consent to our processing of personal data (for example, when subscribing to our newsletter)
- When it is in our legitimate interest (for example to perform statistical analysis of your gameplay). When we rely on a legitimate interest, we have concluded that our interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Note that by agreeing to this Policy you give your explicit consent that your personal data can be transmitted to or from a third country (a country outside the European Economic Area). In some cases, personal data can be transferred to countries without an adequacy decision from the EU commission. You are aware of the possible risks of such transfers due to the absence of an adequacy decision and appropriate safeguards and explicitly consent to such transfers.
You may at any time revoke your consent to our processing of personal data and cookies by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that such withdrawal may mean that you will no longer have access to all the functions offered by our website or our Service.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to request access to your personal data, object to our processing of personal data and demand that such data must be rectified, erased or restricted.
In addition, you have the right to receive personal data concerning you in a digital format and to lodge a complaint to the Swedish Data Protection Authority regarding our processing of personal data.
8. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
To be able to provide you with the Services, we will share your data with other companies and/or organizations. We will only do so if our partners can provide the same level of security to keep your data safe as implemented by us and if our partners can ensure that they comply with Applicable laws. We may share your information with the following partners:
- Group companies to Might and Delight and its subsidiaries including but not limited to Shelter Games AB, 559176-0276, Book of Travel AB, 559175-9880 and Other Games AB, 559176-0151.
- Game distribution platforms (for example Steam).
- Advertising partners and attribution platforms to help us understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns (for example, Google).
- Marketing services partners (for example Mailchimp).
- Game Analytics partners (for example Unity Analytics).
We may engage other partners/companies in order to fulfil our purposes and obligations as set out in this Policy.
We may transfer your personal information to countries outside the EU and EEA that may not have as strict privacy legislation as where you live. We will only transfer your personal information to such countries if we are allowed to do so. Might and Delight have a legitimate interest to do so since it is necessary for us to provide the Service.
9. SECURITY MEASURES AND ERASURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Might and Delight maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help guard your data in compliance with Applicable Law. We also have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect personal data against unauthorized access, destruction and change.
We strictly restrict authorized access to your data only to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to access it.
We will keep your personal data for as long as you use our Services or have an account with us. We may keep your information longer for statistical purposes, to prevent criminal activity or if we cannot delete it for legal or regulatory reasons. However, we will delete personal data that is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
10. LOG FILES, COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
10.1 Log files
Might and Delight follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit our website. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
10.2 Cookies and web beacons
The cookies we use are the following:
Newsletters related cookies – in order to receive information about our Service you can subscribe you our newsletter and/or email subscription services. In order to do so cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Site preferences cookies – In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
Our site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use our site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how much time you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
We also use third party cookies to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
10.3 Third party advertisers
Might and Delight has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers and this Policy does not apply to other advertisers or websites.
10.4 How to disable cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browsers help function on how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of our site. Hence, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
10.5 Unity Analytics
For some Services, we use Unity Analytics to get statistics about player behaviour in order to improve the Service.
You can read more about Unitys GDPR policy for Analytics data at https://unity3d.com/legal/gdpr
The following of our Services uses Unity Analytics:
- Book of Travels
You can opt out of all data collection by Unity Analytics by disabling it in the Settings menu. We however recommend you to have it enabled to help us improve the Service.
When you create an account with us you will automatically receive newsletters or offers from us unless you chose to opt out.
You can unsubscribe to newsletters at any time by following the instructions in the newsletter you receive.
We use Mail Chimp as a newsletter and email service. You can find more information about this on https://mailchimp.com/legal/.
Might and Delight reserves the right to revise the Policy.
If we make any changes to the Policy, we will publish them on our website. You are therefore recommended to read the Policy on a regular basis in order to detect any changes. If we change the Policy in a manner that differs significantly from what was stated when your consent was collected, we will notify you of these changes and, if necessary, request that you consent to the new personal data handling.
13. CONTACT INFORMATION TO THE DATA CONTROLLER
Might and Delight are data controller for the processing of personal data under this Policy. To exercise your rights listed above or if you have questions about our processing of personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.